Well I haven't. I haven't even started. And if you're anything like me, you're scrambling to find those perfect gifts and time is running out!
I had this tradition when I was younger of making my parents their own stockings on Christmas because I didn't want them to be left out. Sometimes I'd fill them with candy and the usual stuffers, other times I would put all their actual gifts inside so they had the best stocking ever! It's a tradition I still do occasionally. but I'm sure you agree with me, men are impossible to shop for! Finding cool and original gifts is just tough and most guys don't want sweaters. So here are a few Modern Otter approved stocking stuffers to help all you last minute shoppers!
1. Izola 4-in-1 Bar Tool- This is an awesome gift for any guy. You can measure liquor, open a bottle of wine, open a bottle of beer and break ice all with one tool. Comes in brass or silver and this streamlined box. Izola is an NYC based company and most of their products are Made in America. It's run by two guys who are passionate about bringing beautiful design to everyday objects. I picked this one up for someone I know and now I just want to keep it for myself! #sorrynotsorry
2. Terrapin Stationary - Terrapin is another family run NYC brand and they have some kick-ass stationary. I know you're thinking "who uses stationary anymore?". Well, you will when you see their cards. What better way is there to say "I love you" than "Je F*cking T'aime"? (Which they also have printed in English if you're not that classy). It's like Don Drapper on a thank you note. They're sold online and in a few different retailers. Check out their site for a full list.
3. Giles & Brother Railroad Spike Cuff - I love Giles & Brother. I wear this cuff almost every day and for those guys who have yet to venture into jewelry, it's a great introduction. Simple, clean, masculine, and goes with everything. I'm upgrading to the safety pin cuff next!
4. Banana Republic Nail Cuff - I have a thing for cuffs. What can I say? I keep picking up silver ones to wear with my watches. It adds that little bit of subtle style all guys need. This one isn't available online, but most BR stores are carrying it right now.
5. Otter Wax Leather Care Kit - I'm an Otter. I couldn't resist including a little Otter Wax in my stocking. This Portland company has some great products to protect and maintain your leather through the Winter. It's perfect for guys who are really hard on their boots (like me). If you're investing a couple hundred on a pair meant to last a thousand miles, you need to look after them. Also sold in stores all over-- so check out their site for more dets.
6. Will Leather Goods Key Fob- We'll call this the West Coast part of the post. Will Leather Goods is based in Cali and all of their leather goods are Made in America. They make awesome bags, but you can never go wrong with a sturdy key ring. Everything is made to last and will better over time. It's a no-brainer.
7. Baxter of California Candle - Yes, they make candles for men. And they're bro-tastic (yeah, I went there). Baxter is a men's personal care company who makes some of the best smelling candles out there. They have two series: Wood and Ash. The Wood have clean scents that aren't floral like most candles. My favorite is Number 1, but all 3 are regulars in my apartment. The Ash Series smell exactly how they sound. Smoke Ash is like a camp fire in your apartment. It's a great gift for any man cave.
8. Blackwing 602 Pencils - Blackwing are the pencils Ernest Hemingway used to write his books. They have been used throughout history to create the most prized pieces of work. That's cool if you're into that sort of thing. It's the perfect gift for a writer, your boss or if your brother majored in Creative Writing... like someone I know. The pencils have flat erasers. If they write a pulitzer winning piece, you could take all the credit for giving them the tools they needed for success!
9. Den & Delve Pencil and Supply Case - Well you gotta put your flat pencils in something! Den & Delve takes vintage fabrics and repurposes them. This case was made from Army tents and dark denim. Each one is unique since they're all made my hand from old fabric. Another stocking stuffer I'm probably going to keep for myself.
10. HYD Shave Cream and Buffer Stick - Shaving is a pain in the ass-- I'm sure you know. Ingrown hairs happen, razor burn happens... it's just tedious. But HYD has you covered. Their buffer stick exfoliates and protects against ingrown hairs and their shave cream will moisturize while preventing razor burn. It's a clean shave wrapped in a sleek box. Perfect stocking stuffer for any guy. I was gifted these and will definitely be using them.
11. Jawbone Jambox - This little box is crazy loud. I have never heard bass come out of something so small. I use this one when I travel to listen to my jams in the hotel room, but it's great by the pool, on a picnic, in the office. Anywhere. It connects via Bluetooth. Tech gifts are the best gifts!
I hope this round up helped you 'round up' the last of your shopping! I have spoiled everything by posting people's gifts on the internet.... so I'm going to go shop for some different stuffers and keep all these for myself!!
P.S. Check out the East Dane banner below for all your stocking stuffers! They have Giles & Brother, Terrapin Stationary, Baxter Candles... basically everything I just talked about on one site with free 3-day shipping! Get on it!
Let me know what I left off the list or if you gifted one of these!